Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Golf Revisited

It has been a LONG time since I have golfed, but my friend Leandra finally wore me down and convinced me to hit the links the few weeks ago. Leandra plays in a golf group that meets once a week to golf casually for fun. I honestly have not golfed in 7 years so when I hit my first ball I was literally shaking in my shoes. My golf clubs are not only a starter set (so I only have every other club) but they are about 13 years old. In order to save face I put my old starter set in Paul's nice golf bag so they don't look so bad. I of course was the only one without a cart to push or pull, but I kept saying that I don't mind carrying my bag (because I don't). The way I look at it it is just a little extra exercise. I may as well burn as many calories as I can.

Despite my fear, my first time on the course wasn't so bad. Of course it really helps that everyone is very relaxed and just playing for fun. When it was over (we only played 9 holes) I was hooked again. It looks like this will be the perfect substitution for Yoga. My second week of golf brought out a few more bad shots than the first week, but I still had an awesome time hanging out with Leandra and I look forward to several more games of golf this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment