Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Under Pressure

Minute after minute there is a million things to do. Pressure, mini panic attacks because there is so much to do. Get up, workout, take the kids to school, volunteer at school, bring the kids home, dress and leave for t-ball practice, hustle over to soccer practice, Board Meeting, rush home and back to work. Sound familiar? It just about outlines my daily activity. So much to do, so little time. I never feel like I am ahead of the game and most of the time I have so much anxiety about it that it causes me grief that I haven't taken my son out back to play catch with him yet this summer. That's not what a stay at home mom is suppose to be like. What is wrong with me? Well, that's a whole other blog post.

With so much going on in my life, eating is the last thing on my mind. This of course would be fine if I was only cooking for myself. Unfortunately for them, I am cooking for a family too. So what to do when you have 40 minutes before you have to leave for soccer practice and have to make a dinner for four? First, let go of the idea of being on time for soccer and just be ok with that. Second, make some brown rice, mix it with a can of black beans, a can of corn, shredded cheese and some salsa. Then place chicken breast on top of the rice mixture and cover with salsa. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and then sprinkle chicken with shredded cheese and for the final touch cruble tortilla chips on top. Heat to melt cheese and enjoy!

There is nothing like a burrito casserole to save a drowning Mommy during another insane day!

No comments:

Post a Comment