Saturday, February 21, 2009

Chicken Chili

On Wednesday night I made the Turkey Chili recipe I found on http://www.crockpot365.blogspot.com/ and it was pretty good. I definitely wasn't wowed like I was with the Rosemary Apple Chicken, but it was easy and good enough. It was also great because we all ended up eating at different times and it was warm for everyone!

Alterations: The recipe called for poblano chili peppers, but I used sweet peppers because I was afraid the poblano peppers would be too spicy for the kids. I also did not add the spices, just the salt, because I was worried it would interact badly with the rosemary from the chicken. I figured we could just spice to taste if need be. I also added broccoli to the soup, which was not called for in the recipe. Finally, I served the soup over rice for a little extra.

I would probably cook this soup again if I had leftover turkey or chicken, but it won't be on my top ten list. The picture of this dinner does not look nearly as appetizing as the chicken either.

No comments:

Post a Comment