Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Awesome Power Bar Recipe

My friend Holly asked that I pass this recipe on to her, but I thought of a better idea, I will pass it on to everyone! My good friend and business partner Carri sent me this recipe and it is fantastic! The power bars are VERY nutritious, and easy to make. I usually make a whole 9 X 13 pan of bars, cut them into small bars and then keep them in the freezer. You can eat them right out of the freezer, you don't have to wait for them to thaw! As a matter of fact, I have been thinking of this recipe and now Holly has inspired me to make a batch myself! These also make great after soccer snacks etc. You can be creative with this recipe too. For instance I am going to remove the coconut, pumpkin seeds and nuts, but I may add in mini mini chocolate chips or another dried fruit. So go for it, be creative and see what you come up with, just let me know if you come up with a great idea! After I make a batch I will post a picture.

Power Bars:

1 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, cubed
3/4 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp carob powder
Combine the above ingredients and melt slowly in saucepan until smooth and a bit runny. Pour over dry ingredients. Mix well.

4 cups quick oats
1 cups rice crispy cereal
1/2 cup flaked raw coconut
4 Tbsp flax meal (ground)
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
1/2 cup raisins or chopped dates
2 Tbsp wheat germ
1/4 raw sunflower seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment