Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Garden Prep

Garden prep continues so on Tuesday we headed over to the farm to shovel poo into the dirt, start laying the rows for the planting using newspaper and hay and clean out the water ditch. Luckily the weather was amazing and four of us worked together to get the chores done. Actually it felt a little bit like we were setting up our own little women's commune. When this project is over I feel like I am going to be able to set up my own self-sufficient farm. OK so maybe not so much, but it just had that mystical feeling to it! I suggested we have a garden dedication ceremony! The way things have been goign this week, gardening has been my exercise. I just keep envisioning the boys coming over, checking out the garden, seeing what we grew ourselves and running through the rows, breaking off fresh organic snacks. What a life! Is it really mine? I know that there is still a lot of work to be done, but I am so excited I can hardly stand it...

No comments:

Post a Comment