Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Confessions

So you may be wondering how my gluten free diet is going. I have talked about it enough and made intricate dining plans each week, but guess what? It appears that I am a week day gluten free person. I am trying so hard, but my birthday was my downfall. No it wasn't cake, it was pizza. I thought I would have the will power to go to our favorite Pizza place and just have the Italian salad, but I just couldn't say no. I had to have a bite. Since then I have made healthy food choices and have eaten gluten free throughout the week, until the weekend. The good news however is that I am not binging on gluten based foods, I just don't say no. For instance on Sunday afternoon we went to Denver and had lunch at the Paramount Cafe. I ordered the Mediterranean salad and it was served with Pita bread slices. How could I not eat my hummus on Pita bread?

Well, it is what it is, I don't have the greatest self control. Are you wondering how I am feeling when I eat gluten. Aren't the side effects of eating gluten what inspired me to change my diet in the first place? Yes, of course it is. Well lets just say that I enjoyed several Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies on Saturday evening for dessert and I was asleep by 7:15pm and literally felt comatose throughout the night until I finally dragged myself out of bed around 5:45am. What? 11 hours of sleep in one night? I don't usually get 11 hours of sleep in 2 nights usually!

So, I am back on track with the aspiration of being gluten free, but most of all to have a healthy clean diet that helps me run to my maximum potential and with any luck lose some weight, but basic health is my main goal.

After all, I am only human. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment