Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spaghetti Pie

Yikes, my meal planning didn't go so well this week. At least I have started to stock up on enough gluten free supplies that I can actually make a meal on a whim. Actually I didn't cook much last week because it was my birthday week so I had several planned meals waiting to be made. However, I was in a pinch on Tuesday night because we were running between activities and I needed to make something that I could prepare before we went to soccer practice and would taste great when it was warmed up. So what did I make? Spaghetti Pir of course, my go to easy meal that I know the boys will eat.

This was the first time I made Spaghetti Pie with rice noodles, but it was great and no one ever even knows the difference. To make Spaghetti Pie simply cook the noodles, mix in Ricotta Cheese and Spaghetti sauce to taste and place in the bottom of a pie plate. Brown ground meat (I usually use ground turkey) and sprinkle on the top of the spaghetti, cheese & sauce mixture. Then spread spaghetti sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese on top of meat. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes or until heated throughout.

This is a super easy an yummy meal that everyone will love. Just a little twist on basic spaghetti!

No comments:

Post a Comment