Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins & Pineapple Angel Food Cake

I just wanted to pass along one of my favorite, and easiest, recipes in my recipe box! This recipe was given to me by my Sister-In-Law, but I think it may have originated from Weight Watchers because I have had people tell me that they had heard of it before. While the recipe is not gluten-free, it is easy, consists of only 3 ingredients (one of which is water), and kids absolutely LOVE it! I have made this recipe as muffins, cake, in a bundt pan, and in a bread pan. I make a large batch and freeze them so I can take them out one by one or make a large batch and take them into school for snack and the kids & teachers always love them. I am letting out my secret though, while I try to make people think I slave over the stove, if they read my blog they are going to know the truth.

Pumpkin Muffins:

Ingredients
1 Box of Carrot Cake
1 15 oz Can of Pumpkin Puree
8 oz of water

Directions:
Combine the powdered carrot cake mix (do not add any ingredients as stated on the cake box) and can of pumpkin puree. Mix together and gradually add the water until thoroughly mixed. Then you can choose your pan of choice and bake at 350 degrees for the appropriate time. Usually just follow the cake box recommendations for time.

That's it! How easy can you get?

This also reminds me of a recipe my Mom often makes

Pineapple Angel Food Cake.

Ingredients:
1 Box of Angel Food Cake
1 can of Crushed Pineapple, with juice

Combine the two ingredients and bake at 350 degrees until done, times will vary depending on what type of pan you use. My Mother typically bakes this in a 9 X 13 pan and tops each piece with a dollop of "whipped topping" as she always says!

No comments:

Post a Comment