Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Willow Farm Garden

I am so excited because for the first time I am going to have a garden. Well, that may not actually be an accurate statement because the garden is not "mine." Instead I am actually going to be the labor with the hope of learning about how to plan, plant, harvest, and enjoy a garden. A small group of us (about 10 women) are planting a 1/4 acre. WOW, now that is a lot of garden! We have had a few meetings about the garden, but my contribution has always been the same - "Just tell me what to do because I have no idea what to do."

Last weekend we had someone come to the farm and run over the dirt in the garden to prepare it so we can begin. On Monday we headed over to the farm with the kids and moved rocks! It has been an amazing week and the weather has really been cooperating. I just love going over there because I love to watch the kids play with the goats, check on the chickens, find sticks and simply play with rocks! Now that is what kids are suppose to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment