Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dijon Chicken Dinner

Last night I made the Dijon Chicken Crockpot recipe and it was delicious! In fact I feel like it was even better today for lunch. As with most crockpot recipes it was super simple, throw the chicken, mustard, and syrup into the pot and mix. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook. Of course I couldn't get myself together soon enough to slow simmer so I had to cook on high for 4 hours, but it turned out fine. Paul really like it (I think he is liking my little cooking experiments gluten or no gluten). The boys were not as crazy about the sweet potatoes, but then again my oldest son won't eat potatoes in general, I just thought he might like the sweet potatoes. But they liked the rice!

I served the chicken and potatoes over rice because for some reason I seem to have the need to serve recipes like this "over" something.

I also did not have any substitutions in the recipe. I actually made it just as the directions suggested, well if you don't consider the fact that I used Organic Pancake Syrup instead of the true Maple Syrup. I suppose the maple syrup would have added a delicious extra flavor, but the syrup seemed to work well. I would recommend this recipe, it definitely goes on my top ten list and that says a lot because there are only 2 recipes on that list so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment